Sable & Rosenfeld Vermouth Tipsy Onions are not just for cocktails!
- 3 to 3½ lb. boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 jar Sable & Rosenfeld Vermouth Tipsy Onions (10.9 oz) drained, reserving ⅓ cup of onion brine
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh button mushrooms
- Place sliced carrots in slow cooker and top with meat. Spread onions over meat.
- Combine reserved onion brine and next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Pour over beef and onions. Cover and cook on High 5 to 7 hours or on Low 9 to 10 hours.
- Arrange mushrooms over beef. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves and serve.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings. Ideal Slow Cooker: 5 quart.