This flavourful dish combines Spanish chorizo sausage with jumbo shrimp. It is sure to impress your dinner guests.
- 1 lb 9 oz (700 g) chorizo cooking sausage
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb (450 g) cooked jumbo shrimp
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedges, to garnish
- crusty bread, to serve
- Sable & Rosenfeld Tipsy Cocktail Stirrers, Sweet & Spicy
- Using a sharp knife, cut the chorizo into ¼ inch (5 mm) thick slices. Heat a large, heavy-bottom skillet. Add the chorizo slices and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until crisp and browned.
- Remove the chorizo slices with a spatula or slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels. Drain the fat from the skillet and wipe out with paper towels.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet over low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 - 2 minutes, until softened.
- Add the shrimp and chorizo and stir-fry for 2 - 3 minutes, or until heated through and coated in the garlic mixture.
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped parsley, stirring well to mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve on warmed serving dishes garnished with lemon wedges and Tipsy Cocktail Stirrers. Serve with crusty bread. Serves 6 to 8.