For your next Taco Tuesday, ditch the taco shells and replace it with our party cups. Prepare recipe for a great appetizer or make a "build your own taco" station. The kids will absolutely love this idea.
INGREDIENTS For the chicken:
- One 15 oz can salsa-style fire-roasted tomatoes
- ⅓ cup chunky salsa
- 2 Tbsp taco sauce
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- Black pepper, to taste
INGREDIENTS For the taco bites:
- Sable & Rosenfeld 20 Party Cups
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed
- ¾ cup romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup Mexican-style shredded cheese
- ¼ cup light sour cream
Make the chicken:
- Add the canned tomatoes, salsa, and taco sauce to a slow cooker.
- Arrange the chicken thighs in a single layer on top of the tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until fork tender.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken, and stir it into the sauce.
Make the Taco Bites:
- Place the party cups on a serving platter.
- Fill each shell with about 1Tbsp of chicken mixture.
- Divide the remaining ingredients between the taco bites, and serve.