This is a popular dish for any pot-luck because it is the perfect side dish.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 5 cups fresh yellow corn kernels
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 cup Sable & Rosenfeld 3 Pepper Blast Dip
- 1 cup softened goat cheese
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- ¾ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add corn and onion then sauté 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl, gradually whisk in goat cheese until blended. Whisk in basil and next 3 ingredients, stir in corn mixture and ¾ cup Cheddar cheese until blended. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-qt. baking dish, sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° F for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven to a wire rack and cool 15 minutes. (Make 8 servings)