This Summer Granita Bloody Mary makes us think of summer in a backyard, make a large pitcher of it and share it with friends and neighbours! Garnish it with a Garlic & Dill Tipsy Cocktail Stirrer.
- 2-1/2 lbs ripe Tolstoi tomatoes or other red juicy tomatoes
- (about 8 medium), cored, seeded, chopped
- 2-1/2 oz tomato juice
- 1/4 cup (packed) torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 tsp (scant) hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp vodka (preferably Stolichnaya)
- 1 jar Sable & Rosenfeld Tipsy Cocktail Stirrers - Garlic & Dill
- Combine first 8 ingredients in processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to large glass baking dish. Freeze until starting to set around edges, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour.
- Continue to freeze, without stirring, until firm, about 2 more hours.
- Cover and keep frozen.
- Remove granita from freezer; let stand until soft enough to scrape with fork, 20 to 30 minutes. Using fork, scrape granita, forming flakes.
- Divide among 6 glasses. Pour 1 Tbsp vodka over each. Sprinkle each with chopped celery leaves and garnish with Sable & Rosenfeld's Tipsy Cocktail Stirrers.
Back to Recipes