An impressive dessert that is decadent and beautiful, this "tipsy" pear is cooked in wine. The best part is if you have left over wine from making the dessert, you can drink it!
- 6 pears, slightly ripe with stems attached any type.
- 2 jars of Sable & Rosenfeld Whiskey Tipsy Cherries
- 2 cups of sugar divided in half
- 1 bottle of white wine*
- 1 piece of cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- Peel pears trying to keep stems intact. Slice a small piece off the bottom so they are easy to stand on a dessert plate
- Place pears in a pot that can easily hold them with liquid to cover. Add the cherry liquid, 1 cup of sugar and spices. Reserve cherries for garnish.
- Top with enough wine so the pears are submerged. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a bubbling simmer. Poach pears until a knife can easily pierce them.
- Remove pears from liquid and let cool.
- Prior to serving place in a small saucepan 1 cup of poaching liquid and the remaining cup of sugar. Boil until quite thick.
- Place pears on individual plates or a serving plate.
- Drizzle with syrup and place cherries around to garnish.
- This may be served as is or with a rich Tahitian Vanilla Ice Cream.